How does it compare to our existing 4G offering?
- We’ve had 4G since 2013 but, until now, only for internet and data services.
- Our new lower frequency, 4G Super-Voice spectrum allows 4G signal to travel further into buildings.
- This means you can access the internet, make calls and send texts in places never previously possible.
What if I'm not in a coverage area?
- We're now up to 84% UK population for indoor coverage, with the roll out continuing throughout 2017.
- If you’re an existing customer we’ll send you a notification if it’s coming to your area – just make sure you download all the latest software updates so your phone is ready to go. You can update it via our website, or even do it straight from your device.
Get 4G Super-Voice.
Update the software on your compatible phone.
To make sure your device is ready to roll, you'll need to update your software to the latest version. You can update directly on the device, or download it from our website.
The following devices are compatible when bought from Three.
Sony Xperia XZ
Huawei Mate 9
Be in a 4G Super-Voice area.
The rollout of 4G Super-Voice is well underway. We already reached 84% of the UK population for indoor coverage, which is great news to our customers who were experiencing coverage problems inside. In 2017 we are continuing the rollout to more places in the UK.
4G Super-Voice enabled cities.
- Milton Keynes