Want to know more about Google Assistant? Well look no further, we've got everything you need to know right here.
The Google Assistant helps you get everyday tasks done quickly and easily. Whether you’re at home or on the go, ask for help and get it fast – giving you more time to focus on what matters most.
On your phone, the Google Assistant is always with you – it’s there for quick answers, finding nearby locations, and setting reminders. It works across your favourite apps and devices too – seamlessly helping you to get stuff done while you’re on the go.
- Hey Google, how do you say ‘thank you’ in German?
- Hey Google, take me to the nearest coffee shop.
- Hey Google, remind me to buy avocados at the supermarket
- Hey Google, play Adele on Spotify or YouTube
For fun, you can also ask:
- Hey Google, sing me a lullaby
- Hey Google, tell me a joke
- Hey Google, let’s play a game
Where you can find the Google Assistant?
There are a couple of ways to access the Google Assistant on your phone. Note you’ll need an internet connection and subscriptions may be required for certain content.
On Android phones say “Hey Google”, or touch and hold the home button then ask your question or say a command. You’ll need a phone with Android 6.0 or higher with Google Play services. Plus, you’ll need at least 1.5GB of memory free and 720p or higher screen resolution.
And on iOS, download the Google Assistant on the App Store and say “Hey Google”, or hold the microphone icon then ask your question or say a command.
How to use the Google Assistant
Here are some more examples on how your Google Assistant can help get you through the day:
- Hey Google, text Michelle I’m on my way
- Hey Google, send a message to Deanna “I’ll be late”
Camera / Photos
- Hey Google, show me my photos from last weekend
- Hey Google, show me my photos with waterfalls in Hawaii
- Hey Google, take a selfie
- Hey Google, add eggs to my shopping list
- Hey Google, what time is my dinner tonight
- Hey Google, set a timer for 5 minutes
- Hey Google, what is the fastest way home?
- Hey Google, what bakeries are nearby?
Search / Answers
- Hey Google, is it going to rain today?
- Hey Google, what does ethos mean?
- What time is my flight?
Safe, secure, and in your control
You choose what to share with your Google Assistant. If you ever ask your Assistant for help from other services, you stay in control of the information you share. In the ‘You’ tab under your Assistant settings, you can easily add or remove personal information and manage conversation history.
Google and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC.