Go Roam lets you unlock your call, text, and data allowance in 71 destinations around the world. So, you can explore in Estonia, voyage to Vietnam, and chill in Chile, all while keeping connected.
Daily roaming charges
Your questions answered
- What's the daily roaming charge?
If you’re a Pay Monthly customer who joined or upgraded your plan on or after 1 October 2021, you’ll incur a daily roaming charge to unlock your UK allowances for 24 hours in Go Roam destinations. The daily roaming charge is £2 in Go Roam in Europe destinations and £5 in Go Roam Around the World destinations. Republic of Ireland and the Isle of Man are exempt from the daily roaming charge. Fair use policies apply.
The daily roaming charge is triggered as soon as you use any of your plan’s allowances in a Go Roam destination. For example:
- When you make an outbound call to a standard UK mobile or landline number;
- When you send a text back to the UK;
- When you make calls and send texts between Go Roam in Europe destinations;
- When you use your data allowance. This includes when you use data in excess of the fair use limit - up to your allowance.There are some chargeable events that are outside of your allowance. These will not trigger the daily roaming charge and include:
- Making calls and sending texts to international numbers (non-EU) from a Go Roam destination;
- Making calls and sending texts to EU and international numbers from a Go Roam Around the World destination;
- Using data, texts and calls when you’ve exceeded your UK allowance;
- Purchasing a Data Passport.
For full info on which charges are outside of your allowance, please see your Price Guide.
- How do I activate Go Roam?
Go Roam works automatically when you arrive in a Go Roam destination, as long as data roaming is switched on in your device's settings. If you’re a Pay As You Go customer, you’ll need to have activated your SIM and made a chargeable event - such as making a call, sending a text or getting online - in the UK first.
When you arrive in your roaming destination, you’ll receive a text confirming the roaming charges costs in that country. To check out the standard international roaming charges for the country you’re visiting, click the ‘Roaming Charges’ link and choose your destination.
Don't forget that when you're calling or texting back to the UK, you'll need to replace the first 0 in the number you're calling or texting with +44.
- What are our roaming fair use policies?
Our fair use policies differ depending on whether you are roaming in a Go Roam in Europe or Go Roam Around the World destination and may be updated from time to time.
Go Roam is intended for our UK customers, who are UK residents visiting one of the destinations for short periods, like holidays or business trips.More information is available on our Support Page.
- What if I’m travelling to a non-Go Roam destination?
If you’re traveling to a non-Go Roam destination, you will not be able to use your available allowances; you’ll be charged the standard roaming rates which vary depending on destination. Visit our Roaming Abroad page to find out more.
- What else do I need to know about Go Roam?
Go Roam lets you use your plan or Add-on allowances in up to 71 destinations around the world. Go Roam is made up of Go Roam in Europe, which is available automatically on all our plans, and Go Roam Around the World, which is available on all our plans except Essential Plans.View all our Go Roam destinations.With Go Roam in Europe, you can call and text back to the UK and use your data, as well as make calls and send texts between our Go Roam in Europe destinations. If you don't have any allowance left, you'll also benefit from competitive roaming rates.
If you’re travelling to one of our Go Roam Around the World destinations, you can also use your allowances to call and text the UK and use your data. Fair use policies apply in all Go Roam destinations.
Using your call allowance to make calls to international numbers while in a Go Roam destination isn't included. Using your phone for tethering in a Go Roam Around the World destination is not included unless you purchase our Data Passport. Once you have arrived at your destination, you can buy one by visiting mobile.three.co.uk/data passport and following the instructions. Full Go Roam terms and conditions can be found on our Support page.