The Honor 9 is here and everyone's getting excited: great price point, gorgeous metal and glass design and a seriously impressive camera. Even better? Terrible low-light snaps are a thing of the past with this new phone. Send us your blurriest, gloomiest and most shadow-infested nighttime pictures and you'll be able to see for yourself: by winning your very own Honor 9 handset.
Honor is one busy brand. Back in May, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer released the gorgeous and powerful Honor 6X and this week we’re excited to be bringing you the brand’s latest and greatest handset, the Honor 9.
Here are the specs: the metal-and-glass Honor 9 boasts a 5.15in Full HD display featuring slightly curved 2.5D glass, Kirin 960 processor, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage (which can be expanded by up to 256GB thanks to a microSD card). Expect a long-lasting 3,200mAh battery, too. The new Honor 9 runs on Android Nougat layered with Huawei’s EMUI 5.1.
Like all Honor phones, it’s all about the great camera action with this device: the dual rear camera has 2 sensors, one a 20MP and the other a 12MP – earning it the nickname ‘Light Catcher’ because of its superior ability to take low-light shots. The 8MP front camera is an essential for your daily (OK, who are we kidding? Hourly) selfie fix.
In fact, the Honor 9 is designed to remedy that age-old problem we all have: it can finally put an end to hideous nighttime and low-light photos. We’re talking the end of creepy shadows, blurry skin and demonic red-eye.
To celebrate the blurry low-light photo creators among us – and the lightning speed, night vision and immersive sound the new Honor 9 has to offer – we’re not only selling the new phone exclusively at Three, but we’ve got freebies up for grabs.
We’re giving away Honor 9 handsets to 2 lucky winners of our photo challenge. To enter, just comment on our Twitter and Facebook posts this Saturday, 1st July, by sending in the worst low-light, nighttime snaps you have.
The gloomier, the better. If you look like the stunt double for a monstrous creature that isn’t human in the pic, we like that even more.
So, who’s the worst nighttime photographer among our Three fans? Send us your pics and you’ll be in with a chance to win an Honor 9 – to raise your photo game and light up your night.
Honor 9 Competion Terms & Conditions
- Promoter: The prize draw is organised by Hutchison 3G UK Limited trading as Three, Registered Office: Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, Berks, SL6 1EH (“Three” or “we”). The Prizes are administered and provided by Three.
- Dates: The prize draw opens on 1st July 2017 at 10.00AM BST and closes on 1st July 2017 at 11:59PM BST.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the prize draw, entrants must be a Three customer and UK resident aged 18 years old or over (“Eligible Entrants”). Winners may be required to submit valid identification in order to receive the Prize. This prize draw is not open to employees of Three, its agents, contractors, consultants, or anyone professionally connected with the prize draw.
- Entry: To enter the prize draw, Eligible Entrants must do one of the following:
- Twitter: via your Twitter account, follow @ThreeUK (see https://twitter.com/ThreeUK) and reply to / comment on our prize draw tweet by tweeting your worst low-light image; or
- Facebook: via your Facebook account, access Three’s Facebook page (see https://www.facebook.com/ThreeUK) and comment on our prize draw post by including your worst low-light image.
Only one entry per Eligible Entrant will be considered by Three and entered into the prize draw.
- Rules: Images entered into this prize draw must be owned by the entrant and must not: (a) include images or text of other people without their permission; (b) infringe any intellectual property rights of any third party (including copyright); or (c) contain imagery or language that could be construed as harmful or offensive. We reserve the right to disqualify any entries which we deem, at our sole discretion, to contravene the spirit of the prize draw and any prize awarded will be withdrawn.
- Prize: The one winner will receive an Honor 9 smartphone.
- Selection of winner: Within 7 days of the end of the prize draw, one winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries. The decision will be final and Three will not enter into any correspondence. Three will announce the winner of the Prize by the 8th July on its Twitter page and as a comment on its Facebook page under the prize draw post.
- Contacting the winner: Reasonable efforts will be made by Three to contact the winner of the Prize via Twitter direct message or email via Facebook. If a winner of the Prize cannot be successfully contacted, does not claim the Prize within 24 hours of notification, or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, Three reserves the right to offer the relevant Prize to another Eligible Entrant. Failure to respond or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the Prize.
- Redeeming your Prize: Three will directly contact the winner as soon as possible notifying them they have won, and requesting a valid postal address to send the prize to.
- The Prize is not transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. Three reserves the right at any time to substitute an alternative prize of similar or greater value. Further, we reserve the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering the Prize). No communications will be entered into by us regarding this. This prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. The winners of a Prizes will cooperate with any reasonable requests made by Three relating to any post-winning promotional activity (including his/her first name and entry being used in any and all Three marketing activity across all media).
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
- We cannot accept responsibility for entries lost, corrupted, or delayed in transmission. Under no circumstances will Three (or its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) be liable (unless such liability cannot be lawfully excluded) for any losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the prize draw or the Prize (or any aspects of them), and Three excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any loss or damage caused to a winner of a Prize arising out of or connected to the Prize or this prize draw.
- Entry into the prize draw signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Any changes to the terms will be published at three.co.uk/terms. These terms are governed by English law.