The lowdown on carrier billing and how you can get £5 to spend on the Google Play Store if you've got an Android™ device.
If you fancy getting £5 to spend on the Google Play Store, we’ll show you how. But first, here’s a quick introduction to carrier billing.
So, what is carrier billing?
Also known as Payforit, carrier billing is a quick, easy way to pay for stuff through your phone bill.
You can use it for anything from apps and games, to voting on TV shows or entering competitions.
Why use it?
It’s fast, secure and there’s no need to mess around with credit cards. What’s more, if you’ve got an Android™ device, you can now use carrier billing to pay for things on the Google Play Store.
Fancy getting £5 to spend on the Google Play Store?
This offer has now ended.
To celebrate, we’re giving Android™ users £5 to spend on whatever they like on the Google Play Store.
To get yours, visit the Google Play Store and follow these steps:
– Select your Google account or set one up
– Click Payment method
– Select Three billing then enable
– Pick the item you’d like
– Click 1-Tap Buy
You’ll get both a text and an email receipt confirming the cost and then a second text confirming your refund amount. If you’re a Pay As You Go customer, make sure you’ve got enough credit available to buy the item – the amount, up to £5 will be refunded to you.
Your purchase will show in the Payforit section of your bill. You’ll see the price paid, the name of the content or service, plus a customer helpline number – so you can get in touch with the provider, if you need to.
It’ll look something like this – GBP9.99,NM,GooglePlay-Coins+, helpline:02037950082.
Google – £5 to spend in the Google Play Store terms
– This promotion is brought to you by Hutchison 3G UK Limited, trading as ‘Three’.
– The offer is open to all Android customers who:
- Have never signed up to using their Three account for Google Play payments before.
- Have signed up but have never used it.
- Have signed up and not used it since 19.01.2019.
– During the promotional period, 14.08.19 – 03.09.19 we will refund you up to £5 on your first transaction.
– Content up to £5 will be free, any remaining credit cannot be carried over.
– £5 credit can be used to contribute towards purchases over the value of £5.
– One transaction per customer, taking effect only on the first transaction you make in this period. No exchanges or refunds.
– Offer available for any app or content that can be purchased in the Play Store including one-time purchases and subscription purchases (towards first payments) and in-app purchases.
– Ask you bill payers permission before making the purchase.
– Purchases confirmed via SMS receipt message. Eligible customers receive confirmation of the £5 refund in that SMS. If you are not eligible, the SMS will confirm the full payment.
– Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
– For full T&Cs visit https://threemicrosites.co.uk/rewardstermsandconditions
– For help, please call 0203 795 0082.