Use Free Wi-Fi UndergroundOnce you're at a participating station, switch on Wi-Fi and connect to Three_WIFI.
By April 2022, all iPhone customers' phones will work automatically on the London Underground. Until then, you will need to manually set up your phone above ground before going underground.
- Click the link to configure your phone.
- Download configuration profile.
- As soon as the configuration profile downloads, your phone will ask you to review the profile settings. If it isn't installed within 10 minutes, it will be deleted.
- To access your profile, open your settings panel and click on Profile Downloaded.
- Click on the install button.
- On your screen, you will see the Profile installed. Click the Done button at the top right corner.
- Go to your Wi-Fi settings.
- Select the Three_WIFI SSID to open the configuration screen. On a Galaxy S6, you will need to scroll up to find the "EAP method", which is set to PEAP by default.
- Click on the down arrow and choose AKA from the drop-down list.
- Click on the connect button.
- Once you have checked the internet connection, you will be able to access free Wi-Fi on London Underground.
Frequently asked questions.
As long as you have a personal account with us, you can connect to Free Wi-Fi on London Underground.
It's as easy as connecting to your home Wi-Fi. You can connect using any device that can connect to a home, work, or public Wi-Fi network, including phones, tablets, and laptops.
Our Free Wi-Fi on London Underground works in Wi-Fi enabled stations. It doesn’t work while you’re travelling on the Tube between stations. You’ll be taken to the Virgin Media homepage whenever you’re within range of a Wi-Fi enabled station.
There are some terms and conditions for using Free Wi-Fi on London Underground that you’ll need to follow.
To disconnect from Free Wi-Fi on London Underground, just turn off Wi-Fi on your device.
• If you're calling about a phone account, call us on 333 from a Three phone or 0333 338 1001 (standard rates apply) from any other phone.
• If you're calling about a Mobile Broadband account, call us on 500 from a Three phone or 0333 338 1003 (standard rates apply) from any other phone.
Some business BlackBerry devices won't let you use email over any Wi-Fi connection, including Wi-Fi on London Underground. Please contact your IT department to check if your business device will work.
If the internet doesn't seem to work, this may be a temporary issue. These can be caused if TFL or Virgin Media have problems and need to work on the network. This is very rare, but if it does happen, service will usually resume in a short time.
Yes, this is available for our business customers.