Three's Terms and Conditions
Which terms you are on, depends on when you joined Three or last upgraded, and whether you are a pay monthly customer, or pay as you go.
Our "current" price guides detail the plans and packages that we curently sell and our up-to-date pricing. If you're new to Three, these are the ones you need. If you've been with us a bit longer, please see "If you're on an older plan or a business customer". If you can't find details of your plan, please contact us.
Three’s Returns & Exchange Policy
We always hope you’re happy with your new purchase but just in case you’re not, we’ve set out below when you can return or exchange it. This will depend on where you bought it, and if you purchased directly from Three or another retailer.
- You can turn on and use your Device to inspect it and to make sure you’ve received what you thought you were buying, but if any damage is caused, or it is used beyond what’s reasonable, we have the right to charge you for any loss in value to the goods as a result of your use or damage. You’re allowed to do what is reasonable to ensure you’ve received what you thought you were buying and that it works as expected.
- You’ll also be charged for any Three Services you use before the end of your 14 day cancellation period (e.g. for any calls, texts or data used). Please remember that it can take up to 3 months for some international and premium rate services to be applied to your bill.
- If you return a Device (or Accessory) to us, you will need to include not only the device, but any packaging, manuals, accessories and any “free” gifts supplied with the device. If anything is damaged or missing, you may be charged for these in line with the appropriate charges set out in our Price Guide.
- We realise mistakes happen, so we ask that you take care when returning your Device to us. If you send us the wrong Device, or don't return your Device at all, we won't be able to process your request and you’ll continue to be charged in accordance with your agreement with us.
- If you change your mind and wish to exchange your Device for a different make or model, a charge will be applied as set out in our Price Guide.
- For hygiene reasons, we can’t accept returns or exchanges on some accessories, like headsets, where the packaging has been opened or had the seal broken.
If you purchased from another retailer: You’ll need to check directly with them to see what their returns and exchanges policy is. If you’re given an exchange or refund, but have connected to Three and used any of our services, then we may charge you for these. Please remember that it can take up to 3 months for some international and premium rate services to be applied to your bill.
If you’re a Business Customer, please contact your Account Manager or call us on 0333 338 1004 from any phone (standard charges apply).
If you have All-you-can-eat data units as part of your package or with an Add-on, there are no hidden ‘fair use policies’ when using your device within the UK. All-you-can-eat data units should give you all the access to the internet you would normally need, without worrying about hefty bills. Even if you used your phone for every minute of every day you’d only use, subject to TrafficSense™, around 1,000 GB each month. Certain usage, for example, for commercial purposes, isn’t allowed under our Terms for Three Services, so we’ve set a usage cap at 1,000 GB, in order to help identify non-permitted use.
In addition to these All-you-can-eat UK allowances, you can use up to 12,288 data units (which converts into 12GB of data as 1 data unit converts automatically on use into 1MB of data) each month when in a Feel At Home destination.
You can also use a portion of your All-you-can-data units within the UK each month to create a personal hotspot (All-you-can-eat data plans include 30GB Personal Hotspot), allowing you to connect more than 1 device to the internet at once – how many depends on your contract start date, but may be up to 30,720 data units. Please check your Price Guide for exact amounts.
All-you-can-eat minutes & texts
There’s no hidden “fair use policies” with our All-you-can-eat text units or voice units allowances when using your device in the UK – we just ask that you use this allowance in accordance with our Terms for Three Services – that is, for personal use only, and not for any illegal, commercial or improper purposes.
In addition to these All-you-can-eat UK allowances, you also get 5,000 text units and 3,000 voice units to use respectively each month, when in a Feel At Home destination, which convert respectively into 5,000 text messages back to the UK and 3,000 minutes of calls to UK landline and mobile numbers. When you’re abroad in a Feel At Home destination, texts and calls to places other than the UK are chargeable – you’ll sent a text message on arrival in your destination, letting you know what these charges will be. They are also set out in your Price Guide.
Music service provided by i.am+, tracks may vary. UK data use for the music service is currently included in the contract price for the minimum term. i.am+ may provide or enable additional services such as the i.am+ app store, the ability to twin dial to other devices or offer internet enabled roaming services (the last of these being in addition to Three’s standard services). These additional services are being provided by i.am+, and i.am+ may require a separate subscription and provide terms and conditions of use of these services. Three’s standard returns and exchange policy, terms of service and price guide apply.
Euro Internet Pass
Enjoy the freedom to browse, tweet, update, upload and search in the EU with All-you-can-eat data with our Euro Internet Pass, for just £5 a day. It’s valid from the time you buy it until midnight (UK time) that evening. The Euro Internet Pass is a Daily Add-on, which is available for purchase by Pay Monthly (including SIM Only) Customers only.
It can be used in: Austria, the Balearic Islands, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The Azores, Madeira, Canary Islands, Vatican City, Monaco.
If you’re travelling to a Feel At Home destination, unless you’re on an Essential plan, don’t forget you can use your existing data allowance, so we’d only recommend you buy this Add-on if you think you’ll need all-you-can-eat data. If you’re an Essential plan customer, you’ll be charged for data use abroad (we’ll send you a message on arrival letting you know how much) so you may want to consider this add-on.
The pass was designed for browsing, so streaming may not be as good as it is on our UK network. Your Euro Internet Pass can’t be used to create a personal hotspot. Add-ons for use within the UK only (such as Add Personal Hotspot) can’t be used while your pass is active.
Three reserves the right to change or withdraw the Euro Internet Pass at any time.
Home Signal from Three
Your use of the Home Signal box and service is subject to these terms as well as Three’s Terms of Service (www.three.co.uk/terms).
Please read through these terms and print a copy for yourself to keep in case you need them at any time.
So you know, when we refer to "we", "our" or "us" it means Hutchison 3G UK Limited, trading as “Three”. When we say "you" or "your", we mean you, our Three customer who has registered their details with us as the main user of the Home Signal.
Does this change my contract for Three’s services?
No. This does not affect any of the services that we provide to you which are governed by Three’s Terms of Service.
If there is any difference between what is said here and what is said in the Terms of Service, then what is said in the Terms of Service will prevail.
Before You Use the Home Signal
You must provide us with the address at which the Home Signal will be used, as well as your contact details if different. Your Home Signal has been provided for use in a residential address only and for security and technical reasons must only be used at the specified and agreed address for which it is provided.
You can register up to thirty two (32) different mobile numbers (including your own number) for use on your Home Signal box. These should be mobile numbers of people that you will allow to use your Home Signal box in its registered location. Those mobile numbers must belong to customers of Three who are resident in the UK.
It is important that you register with Three the mobile number of every person and device that you wish to allow to use the Home Signal box, and keep this information up to date and accurate. Unfortunately, if you do not register these details, individuals will not be able to use your Home Signal box, regardless of whether or not they are a Three customer.
Of the 32 potential registered users, up to a maximum of four (4) of those people can use the Home Signal box at any one time.
You must not give or sell your Home Signal box to anyone. Please tell us straight away if you think that the Home Signal box has been lost or stolen or if you believe that it is being used in an unauthorised manner.
The Home Signal box is for use on the Three Network only and must only be used in the United Kingdom.
How does the Home Signal Work?
The Home Signal uses your existing fixed line broadband connection. If you want more detail on how the Home Signal works, please go to www.three.co.uk/homesignal.
If you don’t have a fixed broadband connection, Home Signal will not work. You have to plug the Home Signal box into the mains and your broadband router for it to work. For the Home Signal box to work properly, your broadband needs a download speed of 1Mbps or higher to make calls or send texts.
Please check with your fixed broadband provider as to the speeds available in your location.
The Home Signal box will use some of your home broadband data allowance (click here to see how much www.three.co.uk/homesignal). As with all of your broadband use, you are solely responsible for the cost of using your broadband. The speed of your broadband connection may be affected if you use the Home Signal to consume large quantities of data on the Three Network.
You can continue to access the internet on your handset or other mobile devices using your Wi-Fi connection, even if you’re using the Home Signal box for calls and texts. Please be aware that if you use the Home Signal box to access the internet or consume data via the Home Signal, you will be using some of your Three data allowance as well as that of your broadband provider.
NOTE: If your broadband connection fails, your Home Signal service will also fail and you may not be able to make calls or send texts. Your service will also cease to function if there is a power cut or failure.
If you have any problems or questions about your broadband, you should contact your fixed broadband provider as we cannot provide any technical support or advice with regard to your broadband.
Three cannot guarantee that the Home Signal will be compatible with your broadband modem/router, but this should not be a problem for the vast majority of people as the Home Signal box uses a common Ethernet connection to connect to your modem/router which is a ‘standard’ socket.
It is possible that your broadband provider may install systems or programmes outside of our control to stop Home Signal working and in this event, we suggest you contact your broadband supplier.
We can of course offer you advice or answer your questions on the Home Signal itself. Please go to www.three.co.uk/homesignal to see how to contact us about Home Signal and to find out more.
Setting Up the Home Signal box
The Home Signal box is simple to set up. Please refer to the ‘Getting Started Guide’ supplied with the Home Signal box for full installation guidelines and make sure that you read all instructions, safety and security information before installing the Home Signal box.
It is your responsibility to install the Home Signal box as well as to provide a power supply and fixed line broadband connection.
You must continue to use your existing SIM in your mobile phone.
Who owns what?
Three retain ownership of the Home Signal Box. You will be required to send it back to Three if you ever decide to leave and terminate your contract with us. It is really important you do this otherwise you will be charged for the cost of replacement plus any reasonable failed collection charges.
The software in the Home Signal box and all intellectual property rights in that software is owned by the manufacturer and you’re being allowed to use the software on a limited licence from the manufacturer You mustn’t permit your Home Signal to be unlocked via any unauthorised manner.
Using the Home Signal
The Home Signal is provided at our discretion, and is based on a number of factors. Please contact Three to see if you are eligible. If you are eligible, then we will provide one (1) Home Signal box per property.
The Home Signal may only be used for domestic and private use and it must not be used for any commercial or business use.
Your Home Signal box is for use only in accordance with this document and the Home Signal Box may not be used for any illegal or fraudulent purpose or in any way which we believe has harmed or may harm the security or proper functioning of the Three Network.
If for any reason you are unable to use the Home Signal box, you still have to continue to comply with your Terms of Service, and to pay any charges when they become due.
Three may suspend or disconnect your Home Signal service without notice if you are using the Home Signal in a way that is contrary to these terms and for any of the reasons set out in Three’s Terms of Service (www.three.co.uk/terms).
Emergency Calls and 999
You will not be able to make calls to the emergency services using the Home Signal if it is not supplied with enough power, for example if there is a power cut or failure, or if there is a failure or disruption in the service of your broadband connection.
We or the emergency services may use the details you give us when registering your Home Signal box to identify your location or the location of others calling via the Home Signal box if calls are made to the emergency services.
This is why you must tell us your contact details and the location of the Home Signal box accurately and inform us straight away if those details change at all. If the address at which the Home Signal box is going to be used changes, for example if you move home, you must ensure that you notify us of your new address immediately as we will need to register the Home Signal box to your new address.
What is Three’s Liability to you (and how is it limited)?
All of our obligations to you relating to the Home Signal are set out in this document and Three’s Terms of Service. Those Terms of Service contain details on how we limit our liability to you (www.three.co.uk/terms)
We are also not liable for any third party claims, any claims arising out of or relating to your broadband supply or any claims from any other users of the Home Signal box. We are not liable for any loss or damage that was not reasonably foreseeable when you were supplied with your Home Signal box.
Nothing in Three’s Terms of Service or these terms removes or limits our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any liability which can’t be limited or excluded by applicable law. If you are a consumer, these terms will not affect any of your statutory rights which you have, which cannot be excluded by these terms.
Three provides a limited warranty to the first end-user of the Home Signal box who received the Home Signal from an authorised seller. Please contact us for a copy of this Warranty if needed.
We reserve the right to amend these terms online at any time.
If you have any questions about the Home Signal, please visit www.three.co.uk/homesignal.
London Underground WiFi
Managing your internet experience
Improving our network
We’re always working to improve our network, and by the end of this year our customers will have an even bigger, better, faster network. At the same time customer usage of our Mobile Broadband services is increasing dramatically.
We want all our Mobile Broadband customers to have the best possible internet experience, so there are certain things we need to do to make sure it meets your needs.
What happens at busy times?
We carefully manage the traffic on our Mobile Broadband network so that everyone has a fair share of the service. So in an area with a particularly high number of people using the internet (and during busy times like 6pm to midnight) we may manage the speed of things like file sharing, software updates and some download activity which can slow down our service. This activity might feel slower than usual during these times. The majority of our customers who are simply browsing the internet, won’t be affected.
If you have concerns about the quality of your coverage or need technical support, please call 0333 300 0500 from any UK landline (calls will come out of any inclusive voice allowance on the Three network or may cost 5.1p per minute otherwise), or if you have a Three mobile call 500 for free. See how our network is improving at three.co.uk/network.
Pay For it Services
By registering for the Payforit Service, in addition to the Terms for Three Services, you agree to the following Terms & Conditions:
The Payforit Service allows you to buy goods and services (“Goods and Services”) using a PC or your Handset from selected online stores (“Suppliers”) by charging the price to your Three mobile phone account.
Pay Monthly Customers
If you are a Pay Monthly Customer you will see the charge for Goods and Services purchased using the Payforit Service on your monthly phone bill.
Pay As You Go Customers
If you are a Pay As You Go Customer, charges for Goods and Services purchased using the Payforit Service will be deducted from your credit.
Responsibility for Goods and Services
Three is not responsible for, and does not control or endorse any Goods and Services sold or supplied by Suppliers. Any purchases of Goods and Services via PayForIt are subject to the individual Supplier's terms and conditions. Any queries or complaints regarding Goods and Services must be referred to the Supplier.
Information which we obtain about your use of the Payforit Service will be used only as set out in these terms and, generally only to provide and manage the Payforit Service. As a Three customer, our use of Your Information will also be subject to our detailed Privacy Notice contained in Section 13 of the Terms and Conditions governing the use of Three Services (See www.three.co.uk/terms). If required, and/or where necessary, we may disclose information about your use of the Payforit Service (and where applicable Three Services) to law enforcement agencies, and/or other authorities, for the investigation, prevention and detection of crime and the apprehension and prosecution of offenders.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.
All undefined capitalised terms included in these Payforit Terms have the meaning given to them in the Terms for Three Services.
Pay As You Go
Texts (to any other standard
All in One 10
All in One 20
All in One 25
All in One 10 Add-on: Charges of 1p/MB apply once you’ve used 1GB.
Pay As You Go Add-ons
Our Pay As You Go Add-ons can be purchased using your top-up credit via My3 or by dialling 444 from your Three phone. They’re designed to provide you with an allowance of voice, text and/or data units (depending on the Add-on chosen) which you can use in the UK or in our Feel At Home destinations, for calling, texting and getting online.
Our Pay As You Go Add-ons are valid for 30 days (unless used up earlier) from the date and time they’re activated by you – except for the Internet Daily Add-on which lasts for 24 hours. Your Add-on must be activated within 90 days’ of purchase. This can be done within your My3 account.
Once an Add-on has been activated, it can’t be cancelled. Once the 30 days are up (or the 24 hours in the case of Internet Daily), any unused allowance of units will be lost and won’t be rolled over to another Add-on.
If your Add-on includes an allowance of voice units, which convert on use automatically into minutes, these can be used to call standard UK landlines (starting 01, 02 and 03), UK Mobiles (any network) and your Three voicemail, whether you’re in the UK or one of our Feel At Home destinations. If your Add-on voice allowance runs out during a call, the remainder of the call will be charged at our standard rate of 3p per minute.
Your Add-on text unit allowance can’t be used for messages sent abroad from the UK, messages sent and received whilst abroad (unless in a Feel At Home destination), photo and video messages or for messages to a shortcode service e.g. to donate money to a charity.
Three reserves the right to suspend, change, rename or withdraw Add-ons, without notice, at any time.
Full details of our current Pay As You Go Add-ons can be found in our Three Pay As You Go Price Guide.
Pay As You Go Plans
- Terms for Three Services that are applicable to your Pay As You Go account. Calls to standard UK mobiles and landlines cost 3p per minute; text messages cost 2p; and data costs 1p per MB. Use your SIM in your 3G smartphone only. Using your phone as a personal hotspot to connect a laptop for internet use is not included.
- See Price Guide for full pricing information including roaming charges that apply when you use Three Services abroad.
- You must use your SIM to make a chargeable event (such as a phone call, sending a text or getting online) at least once every 6 months to avoid it being disconnected for non-use.
- Each time you top-up, we’ll automatically add 150MB data to your account, for free. This lasts up to 30 days.
- Where a Top-up is bought in-store and a 16-digit code provided, the Top-up needs to be activated within 90 days of buying it. Once activated, Top-ups have no expiry date, unless there is no activity at all on an account for 180 days as Three reserves the right to terminate or suspend unused accounts.
- Where there are free allowances with a Top-up they are always used first. If you’ve bought an Add-on, this allowance is used next followed by your cash credit.
- To convert a Top-up to an Add-on, you’ll need an active Top-up. Once an Add-on is activated, it is valid for 30 days. Activation starts as soon as you have converted a Top-up to an Add-on. After 30 days, any inclusive allowance will be lost. Exceptions to this 30 days rule are Internet Daily, which is valid for 24 hours. Add-ons are non-refundable. Three reserves the right to suspend, modify or withdraw Add-ons, without notice, at any time. When using data, tethering a phone to a laptop for internet use, using the SIM in a Mobile Broadband Device or using hotspot functionality is not included.
- See your Price Guide for full details of our current pay as you go Add-ons.
Pay Monthly Add-ons
We offer a range of daily, short-term and long-term Add-ons on our pay monthly and SIM plans. The Add-ons that will be available to buy depend on your plan. The full details of each, and their pricing, can be found in your price guide.
They’re designed to provide you with an extra allowance of units to your inclusive allowance (for voice or data, depending on the Add-on chosen) which you can use in the UK and in our Feel At Home destinations, for calling and getting online unless you’re on one of our new Three Essential plans in which case, your extra allowance of units can only be used in the UK and not in our Feel At Home destinations.
If your Add-on includes an allowance of voice units, which convert on use automatically into minutes, these can be used to call standard UK landlines (starting 01, 02 and 03), UK Mobiles (any network) and your Three voicemail, whether you’re in the UK or one of our Feel At Home destinations (unless you’re on an Essential plan in which case it’s for use in the UK only). If your Add-on voice allowance runs out during a call, the remainder of the call will be charged at our standard out of allowance rate, as stated in your Price Guide.
We have the right to suspend, change or withdraw Add-ons, without notice, at any time.
Where available, these can be purchased once every 24 hours, and will expire at midnight on the day of purchase.
These are designed to allow you to increase your data or minute allowance, on a one-off short-term basis, until your monthly allowance refreshes (unless we tell you otherwise). Each Short-term Add-on can be purchased once each month, and, if not used up first, will last until the end of the bill cycle you’re in when you buy it. It will then drop-off your account automatically. Any unused allowance will be lost and won’t be rolled over to the following month.
These are designed to provide you with a new or increased monthly allowance, every month on an on-going basis. It will be applied automatically each month to your account, until you give us one-month notice that you’d like it removed. Any unused allowance will be lost and won’t be rolled over to the following month.
Pay Monthly Packages
Our pay monthly packages include a device, such as a phone, tablet, dongle or mobile wifi device, and a set of allowances of text, data and/or voice units. These automatically convert on use into text messages, megabytes of data and voice minutes, as appropriate. How many units of each you have will depend on which price plan is chosen. On our Advanced plans (these include our Pay Monthly packages that include a mobile phone, sold from 18 March 2014 onwards), these units can be used in the UK and in our Feel At Home destinations. On our new Three Essential plans, these units can only be used in the UK.
All of our pay monthly packages are available on a minimum term contract – how long this is, depends on your type of device. Please check your Price Guide for individual details. If you are on a pay monthly package that came with a phone and are on one of our voice plans, you may only use your SIM in a 3G or 4G mobile.
If you are on a pay monthly mobile broadband package (that is, one that came with a dongle/mobile wifi device or tablet, and are on one of our mobile broadband plans), and you use your SIM in a 3G or 4G phone, please note that this may not work as expected as it is being used in a device category for which it was not designed.
Inclusive Allowances – Your first month's allowance and charge will depend on when in the month you join Three. Whenever that is, you can start using your allowance straight away. We'll work out an appropriate allowance and charge to take you to the end of the first month. After that, you will receive the full inclusive allowance each month and will pay your standard monthly package cost.
Voice - On our Advanced plans, inclusive calls are from the UK or our Feel At Home destinations to UK landlines beginning 01, 02, 03 and UK mobiles. On our Essential plans, inclusive calls are from the UK to UK landlines beginning 01, 02, 03 and UK mobiles only and cannot be used for calls from a Feel at Home destination back to the UK. On both plans, Personal Numbers (070) and Service calls (beginning 084, 085, 09 and 118) are excluded from bundle. Service calls will incur both an Access Charge (set by us, at 45pence per minute, including VAT) and a Service Charge (set by the company you’re calling – they’ll tell you this). For pricing information go to Three Price Checker or Three Price Guide. Additionally, on our Essential plans, calls to Three Customer Services will normally come out of your inclusive minutes or be charged at our standard out of allowance rate if no inclusive minutes are available.
Texts - On our Advanced plans, inclusive texts are texts sent in the UK or our Feel At Home destinations to standard UK mobiles. On our Essential plans, inclusive texts are texts sent in the UK to standard UK mobiles. All of our new plans include All-you-can-eat texts. On our Advanced plans, this includes an allowance of 5,000 text units that can be used in our Feel At Home destinations.
Data – On our Advanced plans, your data is for use in the UK and our Feel At Home destinations only. In the UK, it can also be used to create a personal hotspot allowance (unless you have all-you-can-eat data, in which case, you can use a portion of this each month. Please check your Price Guide for further details on this.). On our Essential plans, your data is for use in the UK only and cannot be used to create a personal hotspot. If you reach your monthly limit of inclusive data you’ll be charged your standard rate to continue using the internet.
Pay Monthly SIM Only Plans
Our SIM Only plans come with a set of allowances of text, voice and data units, unless you are on a SIM Only mobile broadband plan, in which case your monthly allowance will only contain data units. These units automatically convert on use into text messages, megabytes of data and voice minutes, as appropriate. How many units of each you have will depend on which price plan is chosen. On our Advanced plans and mobile broadband plans, these units can be used in the UK and in our Feel At Home destinations while on our Essential plans, these units can only be used in the UK.
All of our SIM Only plans are available on a minimum term contract – we currently offer minimum terms of 1 or 12 months. To end your contract, you’ll need to give us 30 days’ notice.
If you are on a SIM Only voice plan, you may only use your SIM in a 3G or 4G mobile.
If you are on a SIM Only mobile broadband plan, for use in a dongle, mobile wifi device or tablet, and are on one of our mobile broadband plans, and you use your SIM in a 3G or 4G phone, please note that this may not work as expected as it is being used in a device category for which it was not designed.
Inclusive Allowances – Your first month's allowance and charge will depend on when in the month you join Three. Whenever that is, you can start using your allowance straight away. We'll work out an appropriate allowance and charge to take you to the end of the first month. After that, you will receive the full inclusive allowance each month and will pay your standard monthly package cost.
Voice - On our Advanced Plans (including all SIM Only voice contracts entered into from 15 July 2014 onwards), inclusive calls are from the UK or our Feel At Home destinations to UK landlines beginning 01, 02, 03 and UK mobiles. On our Essential plans, inclusive calls are only from the UK to UK landlines beginning 01, 02, 03 and UK mobiles, and do not include calls from our Feel At Home destinations. On all our plans, Personal Numbers (070) and Service calls (beginning 084, 085, 09 and 118) are excluded from bundle. Service calls will incur both an Access Charge (set by us, at 45pence per minute, including VAT) and a Service Charge (set by the company you’re calling – they’ll tell you this). For pricing information go to Three Price Checker or Three Price Guide. Additionally, on our Essential plans, calls to Three Customer Services will normally come out of your inclusive minutes – if none are available, you’ll be charged our standard out of allowance rate for these calls. On our Advanced plans, these calls are free.
Texts - On our Advanced plans, inclusive texts are texts sent in the UK or our Feel At Home destinations to standard UK mobiles, while on our Essential plans, inclusive texts are texts sent in the UK. All of our new SIM Only plans include All-you-can-eat texts. On our Advanced plans, this includes an allowance of 5,000 texts to be sent from a Feel At Home destination each month back to the UK.
Data – On our Advanced plans, your data is for use in the UK and our Feel At Home destinations only. On our Essential plans, it is for use in the UK only. If you reach your monthly limit of inclusive data you’ll be charged your standard rate to continue using the internet. On our Advanced plans, you can use all of your data allowance each month within the UK to create a personal hotspot, unless you have all-you-can-eat data, in which case, you can use a portion of this each month. Using your inclusive data to create a Personal Hotspot is not allowed on our Essential Plans. Please check your Price Guide for further details on this.
Three Rescue™ insurance is designed to protect your Three phone, tablet or dongle against the risk of loss, theft, damage and out-of-warranty breakdown. It comes with the Three Rescue™ app included (where available) so you can back up your phone information and lock your missing phone to keep your information away from prying eyes. (See Section H for details of the Three Rescue™ app).
These are the full policy Terms and Conditions and when read together with your Three Rescue™ welcome letter, form your insurance policy. We’ll send your policy pack within seven days of purchase – please keep them safe. Your policy number is your Three phone number, unless we tell you otherwise, and we’ll update your details automatically if you move your old number to Three.
In this document, the Terms ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ and the ‘Three Rescue™ team’ means Asurion, the policy administrator (see Section K).
‘Three’ means Hutchison 3G UK Limited, a mobile network operator.
A. How to get in touch
Phone: Mobile Phones – 333 free from a Three phone or 0333 338 1001 from any other phone.1
Tablets and Mobile Broadband - 500 free from a Three phone or 0333 338 1003 from any other phone.1
If your device has been lost or stolen while travelling abroad, call +44 7782 333 333. Standard roaming rates apply.
Write: Three Rescue™, PO Box 71012, LONDON, W4 9FW.
1 You can call us between 8am-9pm Monday to Friday; 9am-6pm at weekends, closed on English Bank Holidays. Your standard call rates apply.
B. How to buy.
You can buy Three Rescue™ insurance when buying or upgrading your device with Three in-store, online or by phone. You’ll be covered as soon as the device is in your hands and activated with Three. If you’ve pre-ordered your device from Three, your Three Rescue™ cover will start immediately. Don't worry, once you get your new device, you will be refunded the total cost of having Three Rescue™ for the period between ordering and getting your device. You can take this cover if you’re over 18, a UK resident, your device is worth more than £20 and you haven’t had a mobile insurance policy declined or cancelled by us in the past.
C. What's covered?
The phone, tablet or dongle purchased from Three, registered to your Three account. With Three Rescue™ insurance, you’ll have worldwide cover against:
- Accidental damage.
- Malicious damage
- Accidental water and liquid damage.
- Pet damage.
- Out-of-warranty breakdown.
- Next-day replacement guarantee if you complete your claim before 7.30pm Monday to Friday and 2.30pm at weekends, or we’ll give you £10 for every day that it’s late (up to a maximum of £30). See Section G for details.
- International replacement if you’re abroad, for an extra delivery charge of £20. Please note that you will need to also pay for any customs fees that apply.
- You can complete a claim online 24/7 at three.co.uk/threerescue or by phone. See Section A for contact details and opening hours.
Plus there’s extra security built-in with our Three Rescue™ app:
- Save your phone contacts.
- Keep safe any photos and videos you’ve taken on your phone (up to 10GB of storage).
- Lock a missing phone to keep your details private (Android only).
- Sound a siren to track down a misplaced phone.
- See the location of your lost phone on a map.
- Wipe your details from your lost or stolen phone (Android only).
Currently, the Three Rescue™ app is compatible with iPhones operating software version iOS 7 and above and Android phones operating software version 4.0 and above. Most, but not all, devices are compatible with certain app features.
D. What's not covered?
It’s also important you know that you’re not covered for:
- The excess fee you have to pay to complete a successful claim. Please make sure you have a payment card handy when you make your claim online or by phone.
- The extra delivery charge of £20 and any customs fees for international replacement.
- A third claim or subsequent claims made within a 12-month period. We will cancel your Three Rescue™ policy after two successful claims in any 12 months from the date you start your first claim.
- Any malicious or deliberate damage to the device that's caused by you or someone who has permission to use it.
- Accessory-only claims and accessories other than the battery, mains charger and hands- free kit that came in the box with your device. We will only provide replacement accessories that were involved in the same incident as the device if requested, or if they are no longer compatible with the replacement device we give you as a result of the claim.
- Any unauthorised calls, data usage or downloads made on a missing device.
- Cosmetic damage or damage caused by wear and tear, cleaning, adjusting or repairing the device or acting against the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- The cost of any repair to your device unless we instruct the repair.
- Any fault that happens within the manufacturer’s warranty period.
- Any veterinary costs if your pet needs treatment after damaging your device.
- Any indirect losses that result from the claim incident, which means any consequences caused by you being without the device.
- The confiscation of your device by a finance company or government agency (e.g. the police).
- Any claim caused by any war or act of hostility by military or usurped power.
- Any claim that we find to be fraudulent. If we settle a claim that’s later found to be fraudulent we’ll take action to recover our costs.
E. The cost.
We’ll tell you what it costs to cover your chosen device at the checkout, based on its make, model and value. We’ll also confirm your monthly premium and excess fee in your insurance welcome letter.
Purchased before 1 December 2015
Purchased after 1 December 2015
- Your monthly premium will appear on your Three account (shown on your Three bill under ‘Other charges’) and includes any taxes that may apply and any pro-rated charges to cover your device for the period up to your first bill.
- You need to make the first month’s payment before we can complete any claim.
- If we don’t receive a payment, your cover will finish at the end of the paid-for period. If your Three account is in arrears, we won’t settle any claim until the balance is paid in full. You have 30 days from when your account goes into arrears to make a catch up payment before we cancel your cover.
- You need to pay the claim excess fee (via Visa or Mastercard) to complete any successful claim.
- Your policy will renew each month automatically for a maximum of 60 months for any device. When you buy a new device from Three, Three will cancel your old cover and you’ll receive a cover note confirming your new premium and excess fee. Your phone number will stay as your policy reference number.
- You can cancel cover at any time. See Section I for details.
F. Make a claim.
If something happens to your device and you need to make a claim, just follow these simple steps:
1. Before making a claim, get help using our Three Rescue™ app:
• If you have the Three Rescue™ app installed on your phone you can locate the phone if it goes missing and lock it to keep your details private (Android only). See Section H for more details or visit three.co.uk/threerescue for further guidelines and support.
For your own safety, never use this service to recover a stolen device or if the tracked location is unfamiliar to you. Report the incident to the police and make a claim.
2. Call us to block your lost or stolen device as soon as you discover it’s missing:
• For mobile phones, call 333 free from a Three phone or 0333 300 3333 from any other phone.
• For Tablets and Mobile Broadband, call 500 free from a Three phone or 0333 300 0500 from any other phone.
• If your device has been lost or stolen while travelling abroad, call +44 7782 333 333. Standard roaming rates apply.
You can speak to Three’s Lost and Stolen Department 24/7. Your standard rates apply.
3. Make a claim online (www.three.co.uk/threerescue) or by phone (same numbers as above) within 30 days of discovering that your device is damaged or missing:
• You must report any theft to the police within 30 days (don’t forget to get an Incident Reference Number) before making your claim.
• If your device is lost, stolen or damaged whilst abroad, you need to report your claim to us within 30 days of returning home.
We aim to give you an immediate decision, but occasionally we may need a little more information to assess your claim, or you may want a little time to pay the excess fee. Whatever the reason, once you’ve started your claim you have 30 days to complete it (otherwise we’ll close your claim). As part of our claim assessment process, we have the right to check your airtime usage with Three to detect potential insurance fraud.
G. Approved claims and next-day replacement guarantee.
If we accept your claim before 7.30pm Monday to Friday and 2.30pm at weekends, we guarantee to deliver your replacement to your chosen address the next day. If we’re late, we’ll give you £10 for every day the delivery is delayed (up to a maximum of £30). This excludes:
- Deliveries on a Sunday or a Bank Holiday.
- Out of stock devices. We’ll offer you a replacement of a similar type and functionality.
- Any international delivery (which may take five days) and delivery outside of Great Britain.
- Any delay caused by something outside our control like extreme weather, natural disaster, epidemic or crime.
We will confirm whether a same model replacement is available and if not, we will provide you with a different device that has similar features and functionality.
We do not offer “new for old” cover: which means we can settle your claim with a device that’s refurbished to our standard (using the original equipment manufacturer’s parts). With your replacement device you’ll receive:
- A 24 month warranty on your replacement device.
- The usual accessories that come with the device (if requested) and a new SIM with the same phone number if you need one.
- Instructions on how to get the Three Rescue™ app on your replacement device to transfer any contacts, photos and videos you backed up on your old device.
- A pre-paid envelope to return any damaged or faulty device (minus your SIM, battery and charger).
Remember, someone needs to be in to sign for the delivery of your replacement device. If you think our delivery was late then simply call us for compensation against our next day replacement guarantee. If we confirm, we’ll credit your bank account within 30 days, in line with our next day guarantee. When we settle your claim, the original device becomes the property of the insurer. You need to return the damaged or faulty device in the pre-paid envelope provided within 15 days. Otherwise we’ll charge you a fee and debit the card used to pay your excess fee. If you find your missing device, you must also return it – we have the right to check for any attempted usage of a lost or stolen device and will take action to recover it. The device is your responsibility until it arrives with us, so please ask the Post Office for proof of postage.
H. The Three Rescue™ app
The Three Rescue™ app helps you to keep your contacts safe, allows you to back up your photos and videos (up to a maximum of 10GB storage), lets you lock a missing device (Android only) and helps you track down a misplaced device. We’ll send you an activation text message within seven days of your policy start date to enable you to download the app and set up your online app account. At date of printing, the Three Rescue™ app is compatible with iPhones operating software version iOS 7 and above, and with Android phones operating software version 4.0 and above. Most but not all devices are compatible with certain app features.
With the Three Rescue™ app installed, you can do the following:
- Click Backup to save your contacts, photos and videos to your secure online app account; restored data will reflect your last backup.
- Click Lock Phone to lock your missing phone (Android only).
- Click Unlock Phone to unlock a found phone (Android only).
- Click Locate Phone to see a map with the location of your lost phone. If it has GPS signal, you’ll see its precise location, otherwise it’ll pinpoint the nearest phone mast.
- Click Erase Data to remotely erase the contacts, photos and videos stored on your phone (photos and videos erasable on Android only).
- Click Sound Alarm to sound a beeping alarm from your phone for 3 minutes.
- Click Security to scan your phone for threats and turn on Safe Browsing to protect your phone and privacy while you browse the web (Android only).
- Click App Assist to see which apps on your phone have access to personal information, such as your contacts and location (Android only).
- Click Battery to see a breakdown of your remaining battery life by activity (e.g. calls, music, internet browsing, maps etc) and for tips on how to improve it’s lifetime.
- Click Storage to see a breakdown of what’s using up your phone’s storage capacity.
- Click Speed to analyse your phone’s performance for ways to improve it’s batter life, speed and storage availability (Android only).
- Click the Scan Apps buttons to manage your battery life, speed and storage by easily stopping and/or removing apps (Android only).
In addition, you can maintain your personal Account Info from your online app account. You can log in to your online account 24/7 at three.co.uk/threerescue. For your own safety, never use this service to recover a stolen device or if the tracked location is unfamiliar to you. Report the incident to the police and make an insurance claim. Do not rely on this service in an emergency situation (e.g trying to trace a missing person). Full Terms and Conditions for the Three Rescue™ app can be found in the app itself or at www.threerescue.co.uk/appterms
I. To cancel your cover.
You can cancel Three Rescue™ within the first 28 days and (if you haven’t made a claim) you'll receive a refund of any premium paid. Otherwise you can call, email or write to the Three Rescue™ team to cancel at any time and your cover will finish at the end of the paid-for period. You can find contact details in Section A. We’ll give you an extra 30 days before closing your app account, so you can move any backed up data. Your Three Rescue™ policy will be cancelled immediately if you have two successful claims in any 12 month period or if there is a reasonable suspicion of fraud. If you don’t pay your premium then your Three Rescue™ policy will be cancelled and cover will finish at the end of the paid period.
J.How to complain.
Please get in touch with the Three Rescue™ Team if you’d like to make a complaint about your insurance (see Section A for details). We always aim to resolve any queries right away but if we can’t, we’ll let you know what your next steps are in writing, within five working days. If the issue still isn’t resolved, within two weeks, we’ll keep you up to speed on what’s happening by email or letter.
If you’re not happy with the outcome of your complaint or if we haven’t given our final response within 8 weeks of you raising your complaint with us, you can get in touch with:
The Financial Ombudsman Service,
South Quay Plaza,
183 Marsh Wall,
LONDON, E14 9SR.
They won’t be able to help you unless you’ve complained to us first. We (but not you) are bound by any decision they reach. You’ll need to contact them within six months of receiving our final response to your complaint. This won’t affect your statutory rights or prejudice your right to take subsequent legal proceedings. You can find out more at financial-ombudsman.co.uk.
K. Who provides this cover.
This insurance is administered by Asurion Europe Limited (“Asurion”), which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (no. 502545), registered address:
272 Gunnersbury Avenue,
Chiswick, W4 5QB.
The Insurer is Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe Limited, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (no. 202205), registered address:
20 Fenchurch Street,
To check the Financial Conduct Authority’s register, see fca.org.uk/register or call 0800 111 6768 (freephone) or 0300 500 8082.
Under European law, both parties may choose which law will apply to this contract. Unless we agree otherwise, Three Rescue™ insurance is governed by English law and all communication from us will be in English. The parties to this contract are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). In the unlikely event that the parties can’t meet their liabilities you may be entitled to compensation to a maximum of 90% of the claim under this scheme. Further info can be obtained from the FSCS on 0207 892 7300 or by going to fscs.org.uk.
L. Our use of your personal data.
By taking this cover you confirm that you’ve given us:
- Accurate information about you and your device.
- Permission to communicate policy information with you by SMS, email or in writing using your given contact details.
In issuing and administering this policy, we will share your personal data (including location information) with:
- The Insurer, Three and other partner companies providing services under this policy to the extent necessary for them to provide those services.
- Group companies and any third party companies who are purchasers of all or part of Three or Asurion.
- Organisations we may use to monitor our performance, carry out research, create statistics and prevent or detect crime.
- Other third parties to the extent permitted by law.
Whenever your personal information is shared with third parties, it will be done in accordance with all responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1998. This includes, for example, having appropriate written Terms to protect your personal information and ensuring any export of your personal information outside the European Economic Area is lawful in accordance with the Act. We will only use the personal information given by you to:
- Confirm your identity.
- Administer and contact you about your policy.
- Process any claim you make under your policy.
- Share data with Three and access your airtime usage record, and the location of your device at the time of the claim incident as part of our claim assessment process and to settle any claim you make for your device.
- Provide the Three Rescue™ services.
- Carry out internal record keeping.
- Record any claim details on relevant databases and registers for fraud detection purposes, and contact the police to check your crime reference number in relation to a claim.
- Comply with legal or regulatory obligations or as otherwise permitted or required by law or legal process.
Asurion is registered with the Information Commissioners Office as a Data Controller (number Z2176995). By providing personal data to us (i.e. information which can identify you and relates to you, whether by itself or when used in conjunction with other information e.g. your name, policy number, device number and other contact details) we will necessarily assume that you expressly consent to this type of information being collected and used in the ways described above (subject to the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998) including, for example, for fraud prevention purposes and other requirements imposed or permitted by law or regulation. You have the right to see and correct any personal information held about you. A £10 administration fee may be charged for this. To see your personal information or ask any question about our use of your data, please contact us (see Section A).
Your data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the above purposes. If that happens, we’ll make sure it’s treated with the same level of protection as in the EEA. If you give us personal information about someone else, you are responsible for having their permission to do so and for telling them who we are and what their information will be used for. We will never sell or transfer your personal data to a third party unless we have your prior written consent, subject to the above and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
M.Changes to the policy.
We may alter the premium or the excess for future periods of cover due to the overall cost of claims exceeding our reasonable estimate and we may alter the Terms of the policy or cancel the policy based on our claims experience. If we make any such change we will give you at least 30 days’ notice sent to the current contact details we have for you. This does not affect your right to cancel the policy at any time (see Section I).
We license the Three Rescue™ app to you as an included benefit of Three Rescue™. It can’t be transferred and is effective until cancelled by us. We’ll send the licence agreement to your device. We reserve and retain ownership of all legal rights, title and interest in the service.
0333 338 1001, 0333 338 1003.
Calls will be charged at your standard rates. The ‘Three’ and ‘Three Rescue’ trademarks and other related images, logos and names are proprietary rights of Hutchison 3G UK Limited’s group of companies.
We’re here when you need us. Here’s how to get in touch.
Phone: Mobile Phones – 333 free from a Three phone
or 0333 338 1001 from any other phone.
Tablets and Mobile Broadband – 500 free from a
Three phone or 0333 338 1003 from any other phone.
Call +44 7782 333 333 to contact from outside of Great Britain.
You can report a claim to the Three Rescue™ team by
phone from 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday; 9am to 6pm
at weekends, closed on English Bank Holidays.
Write: Three Rescue™, PO BOX 71012, LONDON W4 9FW
Your standard call rates apply.
Calls may be recorded and monitored.
Exclusive offers for existing customers
Sony Xperia Z5 & Z5c Offer
In addition to the offer terms and conditions set out below and the Sony Legal Notice including User Terms and Privacy Notice available at www.sonymobile.com/global-en/legal/, you hereby accept and agree that the rules below may apply without limitation to the offer and your use of this website. In addition, any instructions on how to enter this offer form part of these terms and conditions. Please keep a copy for your records.
Sony Xperia Z5 & Z5c Photobox Offer
Offer available on Xperia™ Z5, Z5 Compact and Z5 Premium purchased from a participating partner and activated between 26th February 2016 and 30th April 2016. Canvas P&P and first month P&P for 50 prints is included. Minimum £2.99 P&P for 50 prints per month for remaining 11 months is at the customer’s expense. For full terms and conditions visit www.PhotoBox.co.uk/xperiaz5offer. Camera tested against leading smartphones in 2015. Verified by Strategy Analytics. For more information visit www.sonymobile.com/testresults/. Icons and images are simulated and are for illustrative purposes only. Sony is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Corporation ©2016 Sony Mobile Communications Inc. All rights reserved. Network operator services not included. PhotoBox is a trade mark of PhotoBox Limited.
Samsung Galaxy S7/ Our lowest price:
Sign up to our 24 month 500MB and 600 minutes plan (£149 payable upfront) at our lowest monthly price yet for the Samsung Galaxy S7 at £31. Previous lowest price for this handset was £99 upfront on our £35 month 1GB and AYCE minutes plan. Price includes £5 monthly discount for paying by recurring method such as Direct Debit. Each May, your price will increase by up to the RPI rate, published in the February that year.
SIM data promotion.
Offer available from 29 April 2016 to 2 June 2016 to customers who sign up for our 1 month contract 4GB and All-you-can-eat minutes SIM-only plan. Price includes £5 monthly discount for paying by a recurring method, such as direct debit.
Refer a friend promotion - terms & conditions
1. The Promoter is Hutchison 3G UK Limited of Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, Berks, SL6 1EH (“Three”) with Buyapowa Limited of 24 Greville Street, London EC1N 8SS acting as their agent (“Buyapowa”).
2. The Refer a Friend Promotion (“Promotion”) will run from 1st June 2016 for an initial period of 6 months but may be withdrawn, amended or extended, at any time and without notice (“Promotion Period”). If the Promotion is withdrawn, any vouchers due as a result of a Qualifying Purchase (see below) made as a result of a referral will be honoured.
3. To be eligible for entry you must be a resident in the UK and be 18 years or over.
4. If you are an employee of Three or Buyapowa you may enter this promotion only in a personal capacity. Any entries that we (Three) reasonable believe were submitted during, or in furtherance of, the course of your employment will be deemed ineligible and will be disqualified.
5. To enter the promotion, you must follow the instructions on our website, Three.co.uk including entering your details where requested. By doing so, you accept these Terms and Conditions and agree that from time to time, your personal details, including your first name and the initial of your surname will be shared with Buyapowa and may be used in a “Leader Board”, published online, showing the number of Qualifying Referrals you have made against other participants of the Promotion. You also agree by referring a Friend by sharing your Referral Link with them, that we may share your name with them, so that they know who has referred them. .
6. Having entered your personal details on Three.co.uk and entered this promotion, you will be provided with a unique referral link (“Referral Link”) which is personal to you. You may share this by email or via various social media platforms, with your friends, family members or any other member of the public, provided they are aged 18 or over and a UK resident (“Friend”). If a Friend subsequently makes a Qualifying Purchase, you will both receive, within 3 months, a £25 Amazon Gift Voucher (“Voucher”). Each Friend may use your Referral Link once only to make a Qualifying Purchase (but may continue to participate in the Promotion by requesting their own Referral Link to share and use).
7. In order to make a Qualifying Purchase your Friend must:
a. Click on your Referral Link;
b. Successfully enter into either:
i. a new 24-month package that includes a phone or other device; or
ii. a new 12-month SIM Only voice plan (each a “Qualifying Purchase”).
c. Comply with our Terms for use of Three Services, including paying their first bill in full and on time.
8. The Qualifying Purchase must be made immediately after clicking on the Referral Link – if any other websites or advertising banners are clicked on in between following the Referral Link and making the purchase, we will not be able to track the sale as linked to your Referral Link nor will we be able to pay either party their Voucher.
9. The Vouchers are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. Three reserves the right at any time to substitute an alternative prize of similar or greater value. The Vouchers may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Recipients of the Vouchers agree that the cost of and the responsibility for complying with such additional terms and conditions will be borne solely by them, and that all third party terms and conditions relating to the Vouchers are beyond Three’s control.
10. Three reserves the right to disqualify any entries which it deems, at its sole discretion, to contravene the spirit of the promotion and any prize if awarded must be returned immediately.
11. A Voucher will be sent by email to each of you and your Friend within 2 months of their first bill being paid in full and on time of the Qualifying Purchase.
12. Any third party terms and conditions relating to the prize are beyond the control of Three.
13. Three cannot accept responsibility for entries lost or delayed in transmission. Under no circumstances will Three (or its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) be liable (unless such liability cannot be lawfully excluded) for any losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the Incentive Promotion or prize draw or any prize connected with the Incentive Promotion and it excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law for any loss or damage caused to the winner/s and/or companion/s arising out of these prizes.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws and England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
REFER A FRIEND PROMOTION - UNSUBSCRIBE
If you'd prefer not to receive further emails concerning our £25 Amazon Refer a friend scheme for Three, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word Unsubscribe in the header.
If you'd prefer not to receive further emails from Three, you can update your marketing preferences at your My3 account from your Three mobile or online. Or you can email your Three number (this is printed on the card your SIM came on) with 'Stop Emails' email@example.com.
6 months half price.
6 month half-price offer available to new customers or for additional contracts on selected 24-month handset plans or 12 month SIM-only plans. Half-price monthly package price applies to first 6 bills, then full price. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with our Amazon.co.uk. Gift Card offer. Price includes £5 monthly discount for paying by a recurring method, such as Direct Debit. Each May, your monthly package price will increase by an amount up to the RPI rate, published in the February that year (excluding SIM plans).
Emoji provided free by Emoji One
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card Offer terms and conditions
1. Promoter: The Promoter is Hutchison 3G UK Limited of Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, Berks, SL6 1EH (“Three”).
2. Promotion: The Amazon.co.uk Gift Card (“Gift Card”) promotion will run from 26 July 2016 and will likely continue until 1 September 2016, (the “Promotion Period”), subject to Gift Card availability. The promotion may be withdrawn, amended or extended, at any time without notice. If the promotion is withdrawn, any Gift Card due as a result of a Qualifying Entry (defined below) made within the Redemption Period (defined below) and prior to the withdrawal will be honoured. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with our 6 months half price offer but may be used in conjunction with our Refer a friend promotion – see full terms and conditions at http://www.three.co.uk/terms-conditions/refer-a-friend.
3. Redemption Period: 26 July 2016 to 31 October 2016.
4. Entry Criteria: To be eligible to enter the promotion you must be:
a. A resident in the UK;
b. 18 years or over; and
c. An “Eligible Customer”, being either:
i. A new Three customer who, within the Promotion Period, signs up to or takes out an additional contract for an Eligible Plan (defined below); or
ii. An existing Three customer who, within the Promotion Period, upgrades to an Eligible Plan (defined below) in store only (existing customers who upgrade via telephone or online will not be eligible).
5. Eligible Plan: means one of our:
a. 24 month handset plans (including dial); or
b. 12 month SIM-only mobile voice plans (excluding our 12 month 500MB and 200 minutes SIM-only plan); or
c. 12 or 24 month mobile broadband packages (excluding iPad and 40GB plans).
6. Entry: To enter the promotion, you must:
a. 14 days after purchasing an Eligible Plan and within the Redemption Period (defined above) access the redemption page at www.three.co.uk/getmyvoucher and enter your details, where requested (including but not limited to your correct email address, Three telephone number, and Billing Account Number which can be located from your Welcome Letter or via the MyThree App). Three takes no responsibility for errors made by you when entering your details on the redemption page which may result in you not receiving your Gift Card.
b. Comply with Three’s Terms for Use of Three Services, including paying your first bill in full and on time,
(compliance by an Eligible Customer with 6 (a) and (b) above shall result in a “Qualifying Entry”).
7. Gift Card: Only one Gift Card per Qualifying Entry. Multiple entries will not be considered and may result in disqualification. The value of the Gift Card will depend on which Eligible Plan you purchase, as follows:
a. £50 Gift Card for a purchase of any 24 month handset or 12 month SIM-only mobile voice plan described at 5(a) and (b) above; or
b. £25 Gift Card for a purchase of a mobile broadband package described at 5(c) above,
in each case, subject to Gift Card availability.
8. Your data: By entering and submitting the requested information on the redemption page, you accept these Terms and Conditions and agree that, from time to time, your personal data, including your name and email address will be shared with Amazon who is responsible for delivering your Gift Card to you.
9. Gift Card delivery: Your relevant Gift Card will be sent by email from Amazon within 3 months of you entering and submitting your valid details on the redemption page, subject to you satisfying the requirements of a Qualifying Entry. Three cannot accept responsibility for the delivery of the Gift Cards by Amazon, which is beyond Three’s control. The Gift Cards may be subject to additional terms and conditions. You agree that the cost of, and the responsibility for, complying with such additional terms and conditions will be borne solely by you, and that all third party terms and conditions relating to, and delivery of, the Gift Cards are beyond Three’s control.
a. If you are an employee of Three or Amazon you may enter this promotion only in a personal capacity. Any entries that we (Three) reasonably believe were submitted during, or in furtherance of, the course of your employment will be deemed ineligible and will be disqualified.
b. The Gift Cards are not transferable/assignable and no cash alternative will be offered. Three reserves the right at any time to substitute an alternative prize of similar or greater value.
c. Three reserves the right to disqualify any entries which it deems, at its sole discretion, to contravene the spirit of the Promotion and any prize if awarded must be returned immediately.
d. Any third party terms and conditions relating to the prize are beyond the control of Three.
e. Three cannot accept responsibility for entries lost, corrupted, or delayed in transmission. Under no circumstances will Three (or its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) be liable (unless such liability cannot be lawfully excluded) for any losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion, redemption page, or any prize connected with the promotion and it excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law for any loss or damage caused to the recipients of these prizes.
f. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws and England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card General Terms
Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards ("GCs") may be redeemed on the Amazon.co.uk website towards the purchase of eligible products listed in our online catalogue and sold by Amazon.co.uk or any other seller selling through Amazon.co.uk. GCs cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account. Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a GC is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. See www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal for complete terms and conditions. GCs are issued by Amazon EU S.à r.l. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Snowbombing competition 2016
1. The prize draw (“Prize Draw”) is organised by Hutchison 3G UK Limited trading as Three, Registered Office: Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, Berks, SL6 1EH (“Three” or "We").
2. The Prize Draw closes on 13 March 2016 at 23.59.
3. Entrants must be UK residents and be 18 years old or over. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving prizes.
4. This Prize Draw is not open to employees of Three, its agents, contractors, consultants, or anyone professionally connected with the Prize Draw. Further, we reserve the right to disqualify any entries which we deem, at our sole discretion, to contravene the spirit of the Prize Draw and any prize awarded will be withdrawn.
5. To qualify for entry, entrants must submit their name and Three mobile number, as instructed (“Qualifying Entries”). Only one entry is permitted per person.
6. The prize comprises of: economy flights for two from Heathrow to Munich on 06 April 2016, and returning on 09 April 2016; three nights for two at the accommodation in Mayrhofen resort; two tickets to the Snowbombing festival; and £500 worth of spending money (delivered in Euro’s). Travel arrangements will be made by Three’s chosen travel partner. The prize does not include any additional expenses.
7. There will be two winners. The winners will be selected at random from the Qualifying Entries under independent supervision on 14 March 2016 and will be notified by 15 March 2016. Entrants may only win one prize.
8. The prizes are not transferable. No cash alternative will be offered. The prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions, including but not limited to Three’s Terms for Service. The winners agree that the cost of and the responsibility for complying with such additional terms and conditions will be borne solely by the winners. All third party terms and conditions relating to the prizes are beyond our control. We reserve the right at any time to substitute an alternative prize of similar or greater value. Further, we reserve the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Prize Draw (including altering the prizes). No communications will be entered into by us regarding this.
9. This Prize Draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
10. The winners may be requested to participate in related publicity, including his/her name and general location being used in any and all media.
12. We cannot accept responsibility for entries lost or delayed in transmission. Under no circumstances will Three (or its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) be liable (unless such liability cannot be lawfully excluded) for any losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the Prize Draw or the prizes and Three excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law for any loss or damage caused to the winner/s and/or companion/s arising out of these prizes.
13. Entry into the Prize Draw signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. These terms are governed by English law.
Samsung wallpaper competition 2016
- These terms and conditions are the rules which apply to this competition. By submitting their entry, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- This competition is run by Hutchison 3G UK Limited, operating as Three, Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, SL6 1EH.
- To enter the competition entrants must design a wallpaper for the Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and email their design as a .jpg or .png file firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Samsung Wallpaper Competition’ before 9am on Friday 1 April 2016.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- The artwork must have been created by the entrant, and must not infringe any intellectual property rights of any third party (including copyright or trade mark infringement).
- Each entrant can enter an unlimited number of images. However, only one entry can be shortlisted from any individual entrant.
- This promotion is open to residents of the UK, except for Three employees, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
- All entrants give permission for the use of their artwork for marketing purposes.
- Winners agree to participate in publicity as Three may require.
- Submitted images may feature in Three publications, on websites, or other promotional material as well as on the company's social media assets.
- The prize on offer is either a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (depending on whether the winning design is for a S7 or an S7 edge), and a Three Sim card loaded with £10 of credit.
- The prize is only as stipulated and cannot be transferred and/or exchanged for cash.
- The prize will be awarded to the shortlisted design which receives the most likes on Three’s Facebook page. Confirmation of the prize will be made by email to the winner by Monday 11 April 2016.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, Three reserves the right to offer the prize to another eligible entrant. Failure to respond and/or provide an address, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Three reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. If we do this, we will publish the amended terms and conditions on the competition page.
- Three reserves the right to end this promotion at any time, and without notice.
#styleyourdial competition 2016
- These terms and conditions are the rules which apply to this competition. By submitting an entry, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- This competition is run by Hutchison 3G UK Limited, operating as Three, Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, SL6 1EH (“Three”).
- Start date: 09.01 on Friday 13 May 2016.
- Closing date: 11:59 on Monday 13 June 2016.
- Announcement date: Tuesday 21 June 2016.
- To enter the competition entrants must tweet Three (using the Twitter handle @ThreeUK) a photograph of themselves wearing their favourite outfit together with the hashtag #styleyourdial before the closing date. Failure to include #styleyourdial or @ThreeUK in the tweet will result in failure to enter the competition.
- Photographs entered into the competition must be owned by the entrant and must not a) include images of other people who have not given their permission to the entrant to feature in their entry; or b) infringe any intellectual property rights of any third party (including copyright); or c) contain nudity, or language or imagery that could be construed as harmful or offensive.
- Three may, at its sole and absolute discretion, disqualify entries which do not comply with these terms and conditions, or are contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition.
- Each entrant can enter an unlimited number of unique images. However, only one entry may be shortlisted from any individual entrant.
- This promotion is open to residents of the UK, except for Three employees, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- The prize on offer is one dial device in black/white and size M/L (at the winner’s election - subject to availability). No SIM or service plan is included. The prize is not transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. Three reserves the right at any time to substitute an alternative prize of similar or greater value.
- The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions. The winner agrees that the cost of, and the responsibility for, complying with such additional terms and conditions will be borne solely by the relevant winner. All third party terms and conditions and subscription services relating to prize are beyond Three’s control.
- The winner of the competition will be announced on Three’s Twitter page on the announcement date. The decision of Three is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- Three will contact the winner personally via Twitter as soon as practicable after the announcement date using the Twitter handle used by the winner for his/her entry. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, Three reserves the right to offer the prize to another eligible entrant (starting with the first runner up). Failure to respond and/or provide an address, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed in transmission, or which are not received for any reason.
- By entering into this competition, all entrants give Three (and its affiliates and agents) permission to make their entries available on its website and any other media, and in connection with any publicity. Each entrant agrees to grant Three a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence their competition entry for this purpose and waives all moral rights.
- Three reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. If we do this, we will publish the amended terms and conditions on the competition page.
- Three reserves the right to end this promotion at any time, and without notice.
Code of Practice
Here you'll find general information about us, the services we offer and how to get in touch with us. In this code of practice we tell you about your rights as a UK mobile customer as well as your responsibilities when joining us. And we explain our commitment to you as a customer.
Customer Complaints Code
Making a complaint.
At Three we do our best to provide you with a great service, so if you think we haven't done a good job we're keen to hear from you.
Our complaints process gives you the opportunity to tell us what's gone wrong so we can put it right and provide better service in the future. You can contact our complaints team using any of the methods on the right hand side of this page.
We aim to resolve your complaint as soon as possible and will keep you updated on when and how we propose to resolve it. We do our best to resolve all complaints within 14 days.
We’ve made every effort to make the complaints process as easy as possible. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
If you raise your complaint using the online form(available at https://www.three.co.uk/Support/Contact_us/Complaints_code_form), you’ll receive an instant automatic reply with a complaint reference number so it’s easy to track.
We are happy for someone else to raise a complaint on your behalf as long as we have confirmation that they are acting with your consent.
We’ll do everything we can to sort out your complaint. However, if we haven’t been able to resolve it, you can ask the Ombudsman* to look at it for free.
If we are unable to reach agreement within 8 weeks we will provide details of how to contact the Ombudsman.
*The Ombudsman is an independent organisation dedicated to sorting out disputes between customers and providers and Three will be bound by its decision if a case is opened.
The Ombudsman will only consider complaints which are over 8 weeks old or if there is a deadlock situation. A deadlock arises when we believe we've done everything we can to sort out a complaint but can't reach an agreement with you.
You can request a deadlock letter from the advisor dealing with your complaint. However, if we are working on a solution, expect to resolve the complaint or recognise that your complaint fails outside the Ombudsman’s responsibilities we will not send a deadlock letter. Unfortunately on occasion we receive malicious complaints, which neither the Ombudsman nor Three will respond to.
Ombudsman contact details:
Fax: 0330 440 1615
Phone: 0330 440 1614
Textphone: 0330 440 1600
PO Box 730
If your complaint is about a purchase you made online and we’ve been unable to resolve your concerns through our complaints process, you can submit your complaint through the European Commission’s online dispute resolution platform, instead of contacting the Ombudsman directly. You can find the platform and more information on how it works here: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
The platform simply facilitates the investigation and resolution of your complaint through the Ombudsman so, if you’re unhappy, you may find it easier to contact the Ombudsman directly. Remember, you can only use the platform if your complaint comes from an online transaction. If you made your purchase over the phone or in store, you need to contact the Ombudsman using the contact details above.
Your privacy when using our website
This policy covers our privacy practices in connection with this website and is intended to let you know about the kinds of information we may obtain about you as a visitor to our website, how we may use that information and who we may share that information with. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites.
- process any applications or registrations made by you;
- conduct credit and fraud checks if you apply for a monthly price plan account. We will check your details with a credit reference agency who will supply us with credit information about you (including information from the Electoral Register), and those with whom you are linked financially, to help us verify your identity and decide whether to accept your application or future applications. The Agency will record details of our search and your application whether your application is successful or not. We and other organisations may use any of this information to make other credit decisions about you and other members of your household, and for identification purposes, debt tracing and the prevention of money laundering as well as the management of your account;
- search the records of fraud prevention agencies in assessing any applications for Three Services. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this. We and other companies may use this information if decisions are made about you on credit or credit-related services;
- administer your account(s), provide customer services and respond to and resolve any enquiries or complaints;
- provide any products, services or information requested by you;
- conduct analysis for traffic and billing management, and to support product development;
- contact you for market research purposes;
- keep you up to date by post, telephone, email, and direct to your handset by text, picture, video and audio message with information about Three, Three services, and offers and promotions subject to any marketing preferences indicated by you. It's your choice and you're in control - you can contact us at any time to update your preferences by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to or calling customer services.
- If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent or guardian's consent to provide your personal information to Three's website, otherwise you are not allowed to provide any of your personal information to us.
- the IP address from which you access this website
- the type of browser and operating system used to visit this site
- the date and time of your visit(s) to this site
- clickstream data which which reveals the activities of visitors around this website (for example the pages you access and products browsed) and
- the website address of the website from which you accessed this site.
- Web browser - The software you use to read web pages such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator and Opera.
- IP address - The identifying details for your computer (or your internet company's computer), expressed in "internet protocol" code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address (which may be permanent or change each time you access the internet.
- Cookies - Small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a web site. Cookies can be read by the web site on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the web site can "remember" you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the web site.
Three Adverts on other websites
When you see banner adverts from Three on other sites the advertising is presented to you by our agency, Flashtalking. These ads are designed to show you a selection of Three products or services, based on what you’ve viewed on three.co.uk. The adverts will only highlight the Three products that are considered relevant to your browsing history, thanks to the technology of cookies. Using these cookies (set by Flashtalking) we can tailor our advertising so that it matches the kinds of things you’ve shown an interest in on three.co.uk.
Flashtalking cookies can also help to limit the number of times you see a particular ad; so you get more variety when you browse. Find out more about cookies, and discover why and how we use them in our What are cookies? section.
Update to terms for access to the Emergency Services and use of your Location Data
From 6 July 2016, if you have Android operating system 2.3 and above on your Device, and you use this to call Emergency Services (by dialling 999 or 112), your Device may automatically identify data indicating the geographical location of your Device (your Location Data) and share this with the Emergency Services, to help them better locate you in case of an emergency. This is in addition to your mobile phone number and the existing Location Data that is already shared with the Emergency Services when you make a call to 999 or 112 using the Three network.