You might have been charged for an out of allowance number. Some numbers are always excluded from your plan, so you'll see a charge for them, unless you block them. These numbers include:
- Numbers starting with 070 or non-standard 07 numbers which aren't owned by any of the main network operators
- 084 and 087 numbers unless you're in a Go Roam destination with a plan that includes Go Roam. Some exceptions still apply. Find out more about Go Roam.
- Calls to the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, which are charged at international rates
- Calls to directory enquiries
You might have been charged for an out-of-allowance text. This could include:
- Sending a picture or video message. They aren’t included in your text allowance and cost 55p per message.
- Sending a text to an email address or with a file attached. Your device will treat this like a video or used for services like competition entries, TV show voting, and picture message
- Shortcodes. These are numbers used for services like competition entries, TV show voting, and charity donations. You can buy them as one-off purchases or by setting up a subscription. Find out more about shortcodes.
You can avoid some of these charges by blocking out of allowance numbers with a Spend Cap.
Three Pay is a digital payment method you can use to buy games, apps, and digital content. You can use Three Pay on platforms such as PlayStation Store, Google Play Store, Epic Games, Microsoft, Spotify Premium, and more.
The cost is added to your monthly phone bill. You’ll see the purchase details, the price paid, and customer helpline details for the service.
There’s a limit of £40 per transaction and £240 a month. These limits are set by the European Legislation and cannot be amended.
Please note: A Spend Cap will not stop Three Pay purchases. If you want to stop them, please contact the merchant or payment intermediaries. You can find their contact details on your monthly phone bill. They’ll help you set up PIN codes or parental controls to authorise payments.
Find out more about Three Pay.